Sunday 17 November 2013

Reversing Light

One of the things that did not work when I got the car was the reversing light. I was going to upgrade these lights to LED's  from Europa Spares (as they are modern compact little units). When I came to swap them over the reversing light had the wires disconnected. When I removed the transmission tunnel cover to find out where they should be connected there was nowhere for them to go. Now this car has an electric reverse (in the transmission tunnel) and Westfield had obviously made no provision for a reversing light switch. I pondered the insanity of wiring it up or leaving alone. Obviously it is not an MoT or IVA issue otherwise it would have been wired at some point.

Do I need one, and how should it operate if I had one?

* It balances up the light clusters at the rear
* It warns other road users of your intentions.
* Illuminates your trajectory
* Possibly useful in the pit lane.

On balance I decided to do something about it (unlike the previous owners).

I used a motorcycle brake light switch and attached it to the reversing leaver such that as soon as you move it the light comes on simple!

Contents

There is a contents page Link


Reverse light switch fabrication

No comments:

Post a Comment