Tuesday 12 November 2013

Exhaust

The problem with the exhaust, as perceived by me, is  mainly down to noise level. However in order to pass the MSA scrutiniser it also has to be less than 99dB and have a Catalectic converter . When I purchased the car it was very noisy (even for me), however by experiment fitting some wadding brought the noise level right down. For track use, the car must have a cat being first registered in 2009. There is not much room in a Megabusa to fit a CAT so it has to take up some of the space in the exhaust. I found a 100 cell sports CAT at Demon Tweeks for £138.00. I then welded it into the front access plate of the existing exhaust. The theory being what I loose in space I gain noise attenuation with the CAT. Overall the exhaust is much quieter.

After some consideration of the appearance of my welding I decided to have it blasted (at Aliblast) and painted with high temperature paint.

Contents

There is a contents page Link


CAT welded in place

Demon Tweeks part
After blasting and painting

Reference: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/universal-exhaust-parts/custom-chrome-racing-stainless-sports-catalytic-converter

No comments:

Post a Comment